The Institute of Couriers Bubble for Brexit is back

Rate this item
(1 Vote)

 A one-stop knowledge shop for the sector

DfT, Phil Martin helps get vans across the borders (30 Oct 2020)

This week DfT focused on haulage crossing EU borders, there was no mention of vans. IOC jumped in with Man from the Ministry, Phil Martin to help, resulting in a clear message that haulage is not just heavy trucks.

Vans are in the mix.

Friday - United Same Day Solutions, Tamworth Ltd, ‘Busy, busy day today. We have vans leaving for Paris, Rotterdam, Cologne and Dortmund.

IOC have asked BEIS to help with pointers on the Irish roads access issue.

With just 63 days to go until the UK’s new start, the Business Secretary Alok Sharma

Time is running out for businesses to get ready for the end of the transition period on 31 December and prepare for the guaranteed set of changes and opportunities ahead. See what actions need to be taken to ensure we’re ready for the UK’s new start as an independent country.


Take a quick review of latest DfT BEIS & DEFRA detail to explains what goods-vehicle operators need to do to carry out international road haulage from 1 January 2021 on the BREXIT web bubble

Carry the right operator licence - From 1 January 2021, the operator licensing requirements for journeys to, through or from the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway will change. The Community Licence will be phased out and replaced with a UK Licence for the Community. The new licence and certified copies will be issued automatically and must be carried when driving abroad. Get the right permits - From 1 January 2021, you may need an ECMT or other additional permits for journeys to or through the EU. You should apply for these in case they’re needed. You can apply for ECMT permits for 2021 between 2 November and 20 November 2020. Display GB stickers - Display a Great Britain (GB) sticker on the rear of the vehicle and trailer, even if the vehicle has a number plate with the Euro symbol or a GB national identifier. You do not need to display a GB sticker to drive in Ireland.

Contact your vehicle insurance provider at least 6 weeks before you need green cards.