IOC membership ensures that you are recognised as a quality professional with the necessary levels of academic achievement, experience, training and integrity.
Becoming a member provides you with professional recognition for your courier industry related skills, experience and achievements, which will enhance your career prospects. Tangible evidence will take the form of post nominal letters. Not only will membership give you the edge over the competition, you will gain access to relevant industry information in the Courier News. Membership also grants access to the Institute's many events and seminars. Information on these can be found in the Members section.
Different membership levels are available to individuals to reflect their experience, or qualifications. There are four main levels of individual membership; these are Affiliate, Associate, Member and Fellow. Criteria for each level are detailed below.
Affiliate membership is suitable for those who fit into the following categories -
- Working towards the criteria for Associate membership
- Indirectly involved in the courier industry or in association with the industry services, and interested in receiving industry news
Affiliate members will receive the bi-annual 'Courier News' Magazine, but there are no post nominals available for Affiliate members.
Associate - AIOC
The acceptance criteria for Associate Member are currently under review
Member - MIOC
Member status is suitable for those who fit into any of the following categories -
- Completed and passed a higher level qualification or degree recognised by the IOC
- Office applicants: possess 5 years experience in the same day courier industry, including 3 years managerial experience
- Road applicants: possess 5 years experience for 'road' applicants
You may apply by two routes, either the Qualification route or the Experiential route.
Fellow - FIOC
Fellow status is gained by completing two stages.
It is normal that a individual seeking Fellow status will be invited for an interview. There is a charge for this.
If you are a National Courier Award Winner / Shortlister you can receive a very special offer of 'No Application Fee' for Associate or MIoC . Quote your Category to claim your discount (within the year of presentation). The appropriate fee(s) must accompany all application forms. Please note that our fee structure is currently under review. For 2015-2016 fees please contact the IoC directly.
- Administration fee is a one-off payment if membership is continuous.
- The application fee is a payable as a one-off payment at the time of applying for that member status. A subscription fee is for the period 1st July to 30th of June each year annual subscription fees apply in full at any time during this period.
- On some occasions an interview may be necessary to assess an applicant's knowledge and understanding. It is expected that if offered 'Fellow Status' that you will attend the House of Lords presentation and this will be charged out at the current 'Fellow's Gowning' charges.
*International applications are considered individually on application. Joining Fees and membership fees may differ from the shown UK member structure.
Click here to download a PDF application form